Friday 3 July 2009

Pre-Op Assessment and random ramblings

Hi, it's now only 19 days until my surgery and I must admit I'm starting to become a little nervous. Last Friday I had my pre-op at the Conquest Hospital and Val (the lovely nurse who did my pre-op) filled out a questionnaire (which I must say was aimed at old people!) and took my height and weight, my blood pressure, conducted an ECG scan and then some other nasty stuff which I'd rather not indulge. Also I was a complete and utter wimp when she tried to take some blood as I really don't like needles or blood tests, and ended up being sent to pathology because I had tensed up and not enough blood came out. I was then a complete wimp in pathology but managed to have enough blood taken. The lady at the desk then promptly gave me a bag of Haribo and a starburst! :) I walked out of hospital with two gauzes and micropore all over my arms, which really hurt when it had to come off, which it had to really, because I had a Sports Awards Evening for college that night.
I go on holiday next week to Skiathos, Greece, for a week and I'm soooooooo excited. We come back on the 17th of July, the day before my birthday and after that I'm really busy cramming anything I can in before I go into hospital, which includes a swimming gala in Croyden on my birthday, work twice on the 19th, then hopefully going to see Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince on the Monday and then who knows what on the Tuesday morning, then it's up ridiculously early on Wednesday as I'm required to be in hospital at 7.15am - what a silly time. So yeah, I'm a rather busy body when I come back from holiday :)
Will update soon
xxxxxx

1 comment:

  1. aww you write things so weell :) its like a little story -alice xxx

    ReplyDelete